|Problem-solving information professional with 10+ years of experience in instructional design, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), technology, and project management. Effectively bridges the gap between technical and non-technical teams.|
Head of Research, Outreach, and Inclusion
Santa Clara University, 09/2021 to present
- Develop, deliver, and evaluate instructional sessions for students, staff, and faculty.
- Includes: lesson plan development, storyboarding of online training, assessment of learning objectives, and peer review of teaching.
- Serve as liaison to the School of Engineering.
- Manage the Research and Reference Program, including virtual, on-site, and consortial research support. Supervise a team of three library staff.
- Developing a data literacy program in the library focused on open data
- Assess the quality of reference services through surveys and transcript reviews
- Implement efficiencies in reference services, such as automated calendar booking and canned messages
- Develop a Reference Handbook with workflows and best practices
- Develop, design, implement and evaluate a multi-unit Social Justices in Libraries training course. Includes in-person training presentations and asynchronous multimedia training
Web Services Librarian
California State University, East Bay, 07/2012 to 08/2021
- Developed multimedia course content and training materials for student workers and staff on web services tools, using learning technologies such as Blackboard, Adobe Captivate, Google Apps for Education, and Google Classroom.
- Developed lesson plans and conducted instructional sessions for faculty and students in the Information Studies, Psychology, Engineering, and Construction Management Departments. Researched learning tools and implemented them in instructions sessions
- Managed library web services, including maintaining and updating library websites and applications, debugging and upgrading library web server applications, and collaborating with other campus units (IT, Faculty Development, other Faculty).
- Led cross-functional teams on the evaluation of library services and resources.
- Supervised Library Web Specialist – directing priorities for current and future projects.
Education and Certifications
San Jose State University
Master’s, Library and Information Science
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor’s, Mathematics and Sociology
University of South Florida
Certificate, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the Workplace
California State University, Monterey Bay
Certificate, Instructional Science and Technology
Association of College and University Educators (ACUE) Microcredential, Inclusive Teaching for Equitable Learning